Monday, October 11, 2010

My heart will never be the same

These days it seems my heart is split into several sections. Some of which never existed until the past year.  I talk alot about Tiernan and those beautiful boys and girls who live with and fight against CHD everyday.  But there is this portion of my heart that only became known to my starting on December 29th, 2009.  You may or may not know that is the night that Cutler passed away.  That night changed everything for me.  As I told Heidi the other day, I can still vividly see her holding him when I was invited into that room to share in that most important time in their lives.  Cutler has been Tiernan's angel for sure.  He is in my thoughts daily.  But more than that, when he comes to mind, so does Heidi, this beautiful woman who exudes strength and grace and hope in Christ. I still find myself in tears for her.  Right now.  
And that place in my heart keeps growing.  Though not a victim of CHD, my friend Cory lost her beloved Ethan due to complications from premature birth.  
And as you all know, Jill and Kirsten are now firmly in that expanding space as well.  My heart aches for these beautiful mothers who have to go through every day missing their sweet boys.  "Missing" does not seem a strong enough word to describe what they must feel.
I learn so much from these women and I just pray that I can continue to love and encourage them.
I also pray that space in my heart does not have to grow further.

No comments:

Post a Comment