Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Big Deal

Last night was the 4th Annual Gala Fundraiser for
  Jamie's Heart Foundation.  


This amazing foundation was started by Tim and Corina Hannah in memory of their beautiful daughter, Jamie, who passed away due to CHD on December 31st 2006.  Rather than dwell in the tragedy, these two made it their mission to help parents and families of children suffering from CHD.  The JHF Gala Dinner and Auction is the biggest fundraiser of the year.  They do remarkable things for so many families, from paying bills to fixing cars to flying siblings to Stanford to say goodbye when the unthinkable happens.  Although Jason and I have not yet needed financial assistance, Tim and the foundation have offered significant emotional support throughout Tiernan's fight.  I know that the time may yet come when we too will be blessed by this foundation's generosity.  If you feel compelled to donate to help CHD families, you can donate to JHF and know that 98 cents of every dollar you donate goes to families.  That is a BIG deal!

We are small potatoes.  But we are also a big deal.
-Tim Hannah

The other part of this night was the rare opportunity to be together with other CHD families.  Some of these bonds have been built over facebook.  Some are close friends I see daily or monthly.  But we are all one family.  Thanks to one of those beautiful mamas, Kari, for these wonderful pictures of our evening together.  

The Mamas
Kirsten (Judah's mom), Dana (Alex's mom), Heidi (Cutler's mom), 
Kari (Joel's mom), me and Jesse (Luke's mom)

The Dads
 Jason (Tiernan), Matt (Judah), Adam (Joel), 
Roger (Luke), Joe (Alex), and Luke (Cutler)

I love these women like sisters.  

It was a much needed and lovely evening with my beloved.

Dana, whom God placed in my life both as a fellow heart mom and as a colleague at NVI.  I thank Him for this gift often. 

Kari, Heidi, Jodi and me  

Kirsten's husband took this picture and instead of "Say Cheese", Matt said
"Okay, say 1...2...3...VSD!!!"  
There's that somewhat warped sense of humor
we heart parents occasionally exhibit.  

I am so blessed by these beautiful, strong friends.

This was only the second time Kari and I have met in person, but I love her dearly.  Facebook has fostered a lifelong bond.  :)

This family is so important to me.  While I wish we knew one another under different circumstances, I am so thankful God brought them to me, and I am grateful to Jamie's Heart Foundation for giving us all an opportunity to be together for an evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment