Everyday I scoop you up, all the hundreds of tiny bits of you and put you back in the shallow green plastic box we've made your home, and every time I think how fantastic you are. I love your colours, your different shape and size bricks and all the accessories and bits and bobs that make you who you are and so infinitely interesting to play with. More than anything I love how beautifully you're made. You're perfectly moulded, rigid, reliable and give a satisfying little snapping sound when you fit together. ~Jonathon Bender, aka The Brick Bender
Tristan is the arrow through the heart.
I mentioned how very much Tristan is absorbed in his Legos, and I found this love letter to Legos. Had to share it with my little fanatic, and he agreed completely. And then he was off to build more Lego masterpieces. I hope this love lasts for many years to come. Legos Rock!!! Aside from the constant battle of keeping the thousands of little bricks contained in one place (yeah, right), they are the perfect toy. Their possibilities are seemingly limitless. Jason and I have debated whether it is worth it to keep buying the kits. At one point we thought it wasn't since he has so many. (Grandma Flynn hit the jackpot at a rummage sale and supplied him with an amazing collection. It even has such rare treasures as the discontinued Harry Potter "minifigs" as us true Lego enthusiasts call them. We finally came to the conclusion, however, that those kits are excellent learning tools. He can follow extremely complex building directions mostly on his own. For a 6 year old boy, that is pretty fantastic. They also supply him with new, and sometimes highly coveted pieces so his own original creations can be that much more intricate. I marvel at how elaborate his space ships have become.

My silly idea for documenting his love had the added benefit of him finding all the little pieces he's been looking for for so long. Every minute or so, he comes running to show me the new treasure he has discovered with all these bricks out of their bins. :)
I think one day we will have to buy a new house with the primary feature being a bonus room to become the LEGO ROOM. I envision our entire family sitting up there assembling the Taj Mahal out of thousands of white bricks. :)
When I asked him to help me come up with a list of his favorite things to do and play and say and see, he said, "Legos. Just say Legos."
No comments:
Post a Comment