Monday, June 6, 2011

WOW!!! Tristan is a Wolf Of Wonder!

About 2 weeks ago we received a letter from Tristan's teacher informing us he would receive a school award on June 6th. Jason was able to take the day off and attend the assembly at which they would surprise Tristan with his certificate. 


Here is Waldo...I mean Tristan who just figured out his daddy is there.


Mrs. Estep, the long term sub for Tristan's teacher Mrs. Slater, said she chose him for this award because even though he was really upset about Mrs. S. leaving, he persevered and continued to always work hard and do his best. 

We have a video of him receiving his award and then going down the line shaking hands with about 10 people!  He said it was all of the 1st grade teachers, all the ASB officers and Principal Kovacs.  That's a lot of handshaking for a little guy.  :)
[Oh, and the video won't upload.  Grr.  Whatever. I tried twice.  Computer not cooperating.]


I really am so proud of Tristan.  At home we struggle so much with this very thing!  He always wants to quit if things get too hard.  And the thing is that he perceives MOST things as being too hard.  I love that just yesterday we were dealing with an issue surrounding his lack of perseverence and then today he gets this unexpected (to him) award congratulating
him on his ability to do just that. 
Great timing!


He is certainly proud of himself. 

But here's the best part.  And it took me uploading this photo to facebook and my eagle eye Aunt Mary to point it out for me to notice....
look closely at the certificate.  At the character trait he exhibits daily.
[eye roll/shakes head]

IRregardless of the spelling...I'm proud of my little perseRvererER.  um...yeah. 



1 comment: