Saturday, October 8, 2011

Green Belt Glory

Tristan tested for his green belt in Taekwondo last night.  He kicked major booty.  I never get tired of seeing how good tkd has been for his self esteem and self control.  He has been through 4 belt tests to date and this was the first time he went in with confidence and pure determination. 
I actually think it was the hair.

He got a power cut just for the occasion.  Master Larsen noticed right away.  Tristan meant business.

Checking out all the belts.  He actually found the one intended for him.  I reminded him that he had not earned it yet, but I think the knowledge that Mstr Larsen had enough confidence in him to put it out there gave him that extra kick of confidence in himself.

Waiting patiently while the white belts do their test.


Prepping for the 1 step self defense and jiu jitsu grappling portion of the test.

Frederick, Niko and Tristan...7 year old green belt hopefuls.


Awarding the Green Belt








Lining up in their new rank orders.


Thank you Master Larsen.  You are a remarkable teacher.

Funny quote of the day:
Leaving the dojong as a green belt, Tristan said how excited he was to finally be a green belt.  He missed the last test session because it was during the summer and he missed a lot of classes.  So I said it was a good thing he didn't test last time because he wouldn't have been ready, but he was so ready this time.  He said, "Yeah!  I wasn't ready last time but this time I was as ready as a black belt on a Saturday night!"  Sometimes I have no clue where he comes up with these things.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment